Pages

How did I get myself in this mess


I am a real person, with real debt

I want to let it all out here on this blog, this is going to be kind of like a journal for me just to write about my journey on the road to debt.  And the road I will be taking to get out of debt I know its not going to be easy but I also know that where there is a well there is away.

There are a lot of people out there that make up stories to get hand out's and I want to prove that I am a real person just trying to get ahead in this thing we call life.  I do not get help from the government or any other type of agency, I am that middle class gal that just don't qualify for government assistance.  I have a full time job I have been at for over 23 years a husband that works full time also.  I have 2 children and a grandson that live with me.

What credit card debt has done to me

One of the things I am oh so sick of is not being about to buy for my children the things they really need, my 14yr old needs braces she won't even smile because she in embarrassed to show her teeth.  She is such a pretty girl that this breaks my heart and makes me feel like a bad mother.  My other daughter works goes to school plus takes care of her child.  I hate it that she can not go to school full time and not work but I just can not support her and her child right now. 

I am not trying to make people feel sorry for me I know there are way more people that have it way worse than I could ever dream of.  And that's the point I want to help those people.  I am making a promise to myself to you the reader and to God that if and when I get out of this mess I am going to help others in need.

How I got into credit card debt

I got into this mess I would say just like everyone else by using the credit cards to pay for Christmas gifts, Birthdays, Vacations, home improvements, medical expenses that bill that was due and so on.  Then one day its like holy cow what the heck happened all my money is gong to credit card bills.  And you are only paying the minimum payment and so starts the rat race running on that wheel and getting no where.  

Please share with me your adventures of getting into debt and if you are one of the lucky ones that has jumped of the hamster wheel please share your story also.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment